Should I Buy a Digital Piano or an Upright Piano?
What Kind of piano I should buy? An Upright piano or a Digital Piano?
Digital Piano sound is not like a real piano while upright Piano takes a lot of space. There are a lot of things we are going to discuss further. We will discus here and will give you an advice then you have your own discussion if want to go for a digital piano or upright piano.
Advantages of Digital Pianos:
- You can make use of headphone so only you can hear the sound.
- You can adjust the volume down and up.
- The sound that you play can be recorded on a disk digitally.
- You can play a lot of others sounds.
- As their weight is very light so they an be moved easily from one place to other.
- Your digital pianos will save a lot of time for you in terms of repairing and maintenance.
- You can play songs from internet and then play on your instrument.
- They are inexpensive.
- Digital Pianos take less space as compared to acoustic pianos.
Disadvantages of Digital Pianos:
- The value of your digital piano degrades very quickly.
- As new model are introducing every year so it makes your piano harder to sale and degrades the value of your piano.
- As the piano is electrical, that’s why it doesn’t have a realistic sound although a lot of improvements have been done.
- The key balance isn’t perfect and its touch is a bit lighter.
- Digital Piano is made from plastic and its appearance is not that much appealing. Moreover, it can be easily damaged if moved.
- The outer cover of the piano is very expensive and difficult to repair.
- If any mechanical faults come in the digital pianos, then they are very expensive to repair.
- Digital Pianos warranty is between 1 to 3 years.
Advantages of Upright Pianos
- Upright pianos hold its value for a long time and normally its value increases with time.
- The piano produces a natural sound by hammer that strikes with string and the amplification is done by the soundboard.
- The piano is strong as it is made by MDF or wood.
- If the outer casing of the piano is damaged, it can be easily repaired.
- If there is a problem in the piano, it can be easily fixed by a piano tuner, very cheaply and quickly.
- You will feel the real, rich and natural sound of the piano and will enjoy playing the music.
- With Acoustic piano you can get a long warranty from 5 to 10 years.
Disadvantages of Upright Pianos
- As the upright piano is extremely heavy so it is impossible to carry it without the help of professional movers.
- You cannot turn on or turn down the music and it depends on the play that how you control it.
- A good piano is very expensive.
- Upright Pianos take a lot of space particularly the upright and grand pianos.
- Because of extremely heavy weight they can make a mark on your flood even if you try to move it a slight.